Friday, April 20, 2012

Snickerdoodles

A friend gave me this recipe a few years ago and it has been one of my favorites ever since. Its on my annual list of cookies that I make every Christmas as well as randomly throughout the year. The thing I like about this recipe is that they are soft and fluffy and not hard as so many of the sure bought ones are. Also, they make your whole house smell like cinnamon and sugar.

Ingredients:
* 1/2 Cup Vegetable Shortening
* 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter
* 1 1/2 Cup Sugar
* 2 Eggs
* 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
* 2 3/4 Cups Flour
* 2 Teaspoon Cream of Tartar
* 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
* 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
* 2 Tablespoons Sugar
* 2 Tablespoons Cinnamon

***I know that shortening comes in tubs and is cheaper, but I prefer to but it in the remeasured sticks. It is sooooo much easier to use this way. I found when I try and measure it out in cups it is really hard to get out and just seems to stick to everything. Possibly I am just lame, but I found it easier to just cut the sticks in half and use it that way.***

* Preheat oven to 400 Degrees F.

* In a medium bowl combine Flour, Cream of Tartar, Baking Soda, and Salt. Set aside.

* In a small bowl combine the 2 Tablespoons Sugar and 2 Tablespoons Cinnamon. Set aside.

* In the bowl of your mixer combine the Butter, Shortening, and Sugar (1 1/2 Cups).

* Add Eggs one at a time. Beating well after each addition.

* Add Vanilla and beat to combine.

* Add Four Mix and mix well.

* Form dough into balls.


* Roll balls through Cinnamon/Sugar Mixture.


* Bake for approx. 9 minutes.

* Remove from cookie sheet to cool on cooling rack.

* Enjoy!!






No comments:

Post a Comment