Friday, April 20, 2012

Chocolate Snickerdoodles

I love snickerdoodles; they are one of my favorite cookies. So when I came across a recipe for chocolate snickerdoodles, I thought I would give it a try. The recipe is very similar to a regular snickerdoodle recipe, with the obvious addition of cocoa powder to give it the chocolate taste.  While I didn't love these cookies as much as a regular Snickerdoodle, I would try this recipe again.

Ingredients:
* 2 1/4 Cup Flour
* 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
* 1 Teaspoon Cream of Tartar
* 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
* 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
* 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter
* 1 1/2 Cup Sugar
* 2 Eggs
* 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
* 2 Tablespoons Sugar
* 2 Tablespoons Cinnamon

* Preheat oven to 400 Degrees F.

* In a medium bowl combine Flour, Cocoa Powder, Cream of Tartar, Baking soda, and Salt. Set aside.

* In a small bowl combine the 2 Tablespoons Cinnamon and 2 Tablespoons Sugar. Set aside.

* In the bowl of your mixer combine the Butter and Sugar (1 1/2 Cups).

* Add the Eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.

* Add Vanilla and beat well.

* Add the Flour Mix and stir together.

* Form the dough into balls.



* Roll the balls into Cinnamon/Sugar mixture. 

***I would recommend flattening the balls a little bit before baking. I baked mine as shown, without flattening and when they were done, the outside was perfect, but the inside was still kind of doughy. I think because the cocoa makes them a little more dense than a regular snickerdoodle, they don't bake as evenly or something. Next time I try this recipe, I will flatten the balls a little bit before they go in the oven.***

* Bake for approx. 9 minutes. 


* Move from Cookie Sheet to Cooling Rack to cool. 

* Enjoy!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment