Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Peppermint Chocolate Chip Cookies

This is one of my favorite recipes. I came across it a few years ago when I got into my cookie baking craze. This is one that I make every year at Christmastime during CookiePalooza (I make ridiculous amounts of cookies during the holidays). Basically I made these today because I was bored and needed something to do. So I looked around for what ingredients I had on hand and figured that I had everything to make cookies. I was going to make basic chocolate chip, but decided on these in the end, because like I said, its one of my favorites!

Ingredients:
* 3/4 Cup Butter
* 1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
* 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
* 1 Egg
* 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
* 1 Teaspoon Peppermint Extract
* 1 1/2 Cup Flour
* 1/4 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
* 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
* 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
* 1 Cup Chocolate Chips

* Preheat Oven to 350 Degrees F.

* Stir together Flour, Cocoa Powder, Baking Soda, and Salt. Set aside.

* In the bowl of your mixer, beat together Butter and Sugars until smooth and creamy.

* Add the Egg, Vanilla, and Peppermint and mix well.

* Add the Flour mix and stir until just combined.

* Stir in Chocolate Chips.

* Drop by rounded spoonful onto baking sheet.


* Bake for approx. 12 minutes.

* Let cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet and move to wire rack to cool.




* Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment