Saturday, May 5, 2012

Margarita Cupcakes Part 3 - Mango Margarita Cupcakes with Mango Tequila Buttercream Frosting

And for the third and final type of margarita cupcakes, I decided on Mango. I went with Mango because that is typically the kind of margarita that I order when I go out. But I am sure that any type of fruity margarita could be turned into a cupcake. I used recipes that I found online specifically with these fruits, but I am sure that the any of these recipes you could substitute any type of fruit that you like. Maybe an experiment for another time!

Cupcake Ingredients:
* 1 Cup Flour
* 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
* 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
* 1/2 Cup Butter
* 3/4 Cup Sugar
* 3 Eggs, Separated
* 1 Tablespoon Lime Zest
* 2 Tablespoons Tequila
* 1 Medium Mango (I chose to buy the mango already peeled and sliced)

* Preheat Oven to 350 Degrees F. Line muffin pan with liners.

* Peel and chops your Mango. Or if you bought the already peeled and sliced like I did, just chop some of the slices into smaller pieces, and put into a food processor. You want about 1 Cup of Mango Puree.

* Zest the Lime.

* In a bowl, sift together the Flour, Baking Powder, and Salt. Set aside.

* Add Egg Yolks and mix well.

* Add Lime Zest.

* Add Tequila.

* Add Flour mix and mix well.

* In a separate bowl, with the whisk attachment, beat the egg whites and a pinch of salt until stiff peaks form. (this picture refuses to load, sorry)

* Fold the Egg Whites and Mango Puree into the rest of the batter.


* Divide batter among prepared liners.


* Bake for approx. 25 minutes.

Frosting Ingredients:
* 1 Cup Butter
* 3 Cups Powdered Sugar
* 2 Tablespoons Mango Puree
* 2 Tablespoons Tequila

* Beat Butter.

* Add Powdered Sugar one Cup at a time, beating well after each addition.

* Add Mango and Tequila and beat well.

Decorating:







No comments:

Post a Comment