Thursday, May 3, 2012

Oatmeal Butterscotch Cookies

These are my Dads favorite cookies, so my Nana and my Mom used to make them a lot when I was younger. I made them for work once and I was surprised that a lot of people had never even heard of them before. After trying them though, everyone quickly became a fan. Since I am going to the movies tomorrow with my Mom and sister, I thought I would make these and drop them off for my Dad while I was there. Pretty sure you can find the recipe on the back of the butterscotch chip bag, but here it is anyways.

Ingredients:
* 1 1/4 Cup Flour
* 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
* 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
* 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
* 1 Cup Butter
* 3/4 Cup Granulated White Sugar
* 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
* 2 Eggs
* 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
* 3 Cups Oats
* 1 2/3 Cup Butterscotch Chips (I usually just dump the whole bag in)

* Preheat oven to 375 Degrees F.

* Combine together the Flour, Baking Soda, Salt, and Cinnamon. Set aside.

* In the bowl of your mixer beat together the Butter and both Sugars.

* Add the Eggs and beat until combined.

* Add in Vanilla.

* Beat the Flour mix.

* Stir in Oats.

* Stir in Butterscotch Chips.

* Scoop out and place on cookie sheet.


* Bake for approx. 10 minutes.

* Let cool for a few minutes on the cookie sheet before moving to cooling rack, If you try and move them too soon, they will break.



* Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment