Sunday, August 12, 2012

Vanilla Cupcakes with Vanilla Buttercream

We were throwing a baby shower for one of the girls at work. She is having a baby boy, so they decided to do the colors orange and blue (more like a mango and turquoise). I made strawberry cupcakes and dyed the frosting orange. I wanted a variety of flavors, so I decided on a simple vanilla cupcake recipe and dyed the frosting blue. I like this cupcake recipe because it is so simple and easy to make, but also really light and yummy. I think the colors all came out well, and the baby shower was a  hit!

Cupcake Ingredients:
*1 1/2 Cups Flour
*1 Cup Sugar
*1 1/2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
*1/2 Teaspoon Salt
*1/2 Cup Butter
*1/2 Cup Sour Cream
*1 Egg
*2 Egg Yolks
*1 1/2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract

*Preheat Oven to 350 Degrees F and line muffin pan with liners.
Since it was a baby shower I used the ones with little baby feet on them. I know they are pink and that the shower was for a boy baby, but I figured they would fade once baked. I didnt want to buy colored liners because it would be hard to find the exact shades of orange and blue that I wanted.

*Whisk Flour, Sugar, Baking Powder, and Salt in a bowl and set aside.

*In the bowl of your mixer, beat Butter, Sour Cream, Egg, Egg Yolks, and Vanilla.

*Add Flour mix and beat until smooth.

*Divide Batter evenly among muffin liners.

*Bake for approx. 20 minutes.

*Let cool before frosting.

Frosting Ingredients:

*1 Cup Butter
*2 1/2 Cups Powdered Sugar
*1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract

*Beat Butter until smooth.

*Add Powdered Sugar one cup at a time, beating well after each addition.

*Add Vanilla and beat until light and fluffy.

*If coloring frosting, add food color.

* To get this shade of turquoise, I added about 61 drops of blue food color. (I just had the regular pack of red, blue, yellow, red).






No comments:

Post a Comment